2017-2018 ALMS PTSA Officers
- President – Andrea Morehead
- 1st Vice President for Programs – Dee Reynolds
- 2nd Vice President for Membership – Jenise Taylor
- Secretary – Megan Pittman
- Treasurer – Hilary Griffith
Meetings will be held at 7:00 PM in the Library on the third Thursday of every month.
- September – Back to School Night
- October – Performing Arts Night (joint meeting with SHS at SHS Auditorium)
- January – Talent Show
- March – Band
- May – Faculty/Student Basketball Game
Thanks to Volunteers
We appreciate all of our volunteers’ hard work during the 2016-2017 school year. The success of our PTSA is due to the support you provide. Thank you!
Our continued success also depends on your new and renewed memberships. Membership in the PTSA is open to all Parents, Teachers, Students, and other interested persons.
Dues for members are $5, paid annually to the association.
If you have any questions about membership or volunteering with the PTSA please do not hesitate to ask a volunteer or board member.
The Andrew Lewis Middle School PTSA shares the following objectives with the National PTA:
- To promote the welfare of youth in home, school, church, and community.
- To raise the standards of home life.
- To secure adequate laws for the care and protection of youth.
- To bring into closer relationship the home and school so that parents and teachers may cooperate intelligently in the education of youth.
- To develop between educators and the general public a united effort which will secure for all children the highest advantage in physical, mental, social, and spiritual education.
Greetings from the PTSA President
Welcome to the ALMS PTSA and another Great promising school year!
My name is Andrea Morehead, I will be the President this coming year for PTSA. I have two students at Andrew Lewis. One is a 6th grader and the other a 7th grader. I also have one more in the 9th grade at Salem High School. I am so excited for a new year. I am also looking forward to working with as many parents and students as possible. If you need to ever get in contact with me please don’t be afraid to call me or text and also email.
The primary purposes of the PTA are to promote the welfare of youth and to secure adequate laws for the protection of our youth. Toward that goal, our PTSA continues to work to create the best possible learning environment. When parents, teachers, and students unite for the benefit of our school and community, we can create an amazing environment enriching all of our children’s lives and helping them achieve their potential. We look forward to strengthening existing and building new partnerships. I personally invite each of you to join and participate in our PTSA this year.
The ALMS PTSA sponsors many activities throughout the year in support of our goals. These include, but are not limited to:
Reflections – Social and Sporting Events such as Tailgates – Talent Show – 8th Grade End of Year Activities – School Beautification – Red Ribbon Week and the annual ‘Say No to Drugs’ Campaign – Raising awareness of issues and petitioning for legislation positively affecting the welfare of our schools and students – Supporting our students, parents, and faculty.
Our activities are designed to encourage community involvement, develop social responsibility, share talents, build pride & confidence, promote art in education, practice & teach advocacy, secure resources, and reward hard work. These efforts require volunteers and we appreciate all of our volunteers’ hard work. All of our ALMS community is encouraged to become members for the 2016-2017 school year and to take advantage of the opportunities to become involved.
What You Can Do Now
- Attend Back to School Night for the opportunity to learn more about your child’s current learning environment.
- Join the PTSA during Back to School Night or using the forms sent home with each student at the beginning of the year. We have some positions still open.
- Volunteer by filling out the forms available at Back to School Night or sent home with each student at the beginning of the year.
- Vote on items presented as part of the PTA Proposed Legislation Program (PLP) during Back to School Night or using the ballot sent home with each student at the beginning of the year. More Members/Votes = Stronger Voice = Positive Outcomes.
- Friend us on Facebook (AndrewLewisPTA).
- Encourage each other to participate in PTSA activities.
- Look for PTSA information sent via the messenger system and through Facebook.
We have an exciting year ahead. I look forward to meeting you and to working with you this year. Please remember to attend Back to School Night and to join the PTSA.
Andrea Morehead, ALMS PTSA President