All athletes must have a completed VHSL Physical Form in order to tryout or pick up equipment.
To participate in Andrew Lewis athletics, all athletes must also have (along with their VHSL physical) this signed Salem COVID 19 Waiver on file in the main office.
Athletics passes will be available for the following groups:
- Senior Citizen Full Year Pass – $10 (age 60 & older)
- Adult Full Year Pass – $45
- Student Full Year Pass – $15
- Adult Single Season Pass – $25
- Student Single Season Pass – $10
- Passes may be purchased in the Main Office of ALMS from Mrs. Candy Mowbray.
New Athletics Regulations
ALL STUDENTS MUST HAVE A SIGNED:
- VHSL physical BEFORE they can try out for a sport
- Drug Pledge Card
- Concussion Policy Card
(rSchoolToday Activity Scheduler app available for both Android and iOS)
- Adults – $5
- Students – $2
Parents and students:
Tryouts for spring sports – baseball, softball, boys soccer, girls soccer, boys track and girls track – will start on Monday April 12th.
For your student to participate in spring sports, they must complete the following by Friday April 9th:
- provide a current (dated after May 1, 2020) Virginia High School League (VHSL) physical form on file in the main office. The physical form can be found here, on our school website, the VHSL website, or in the main office at ALMS
- provide a signed Salem COVID 19 Waiver Form on file in the main office. The waiver form can be found here, on our school website, or in the main office at ALMS
- sign up for tryouts by clicking on the sport specific link.
Boys Soccer https://forms.gle/
Girls Soccer https://forms.gle/
Girls Track https://forms.gle/
Boys Track https://forms.gle/
Your student will not be allowed to participate if the three steps listed above are not completed by Friday April 9th. If your physical and COVID Waiver have already been turned in, you still must sign up for your sport by clicking on the link listed above.
If we are able to play, activities will be conducted following all health and safety guidelines including directives that limit crowd size. This could mean that Andrew Lewis and Roanoke Valley Middle School League (RVMSL) events will be conducted with limited or no spectators.
Unless sick or injured, athletes are expected to attend all tryouts and practices.
Please consider these factors in your decision to sign up for and participate in Andrew Lewis spring athletics.
If you have further questions, please contact:
Matt Coe – Athletic Director firstname.lastname@example.org
Greg Gallion – Head Baseball Coach email@example.com
Perry Manning – Boys Soccer Coach firstname.lastname@example.org
Esteban Martinez – Girls Soccer Coach email@example.com
Tony Wirt – Girls Track Coach firstname.lastname@example.org
Corbit Hairston – Boys Track Coach email@example.com
L.A. Van Liew – Head Softball Coach firstname.lastname@example.org